Which school would you like to join?
Choosing the right path for your child.
Deciding on a school for your child is one of the most important decisions you will make as a parent. It will have a profound effect on their future life.
As a parent you have the right to make an active choice about where your child should learn, whether you apply to a municipal school, a free school, or an international school.
Popular schools, with more applications than places, use different methods to decide which children will be offered a place. While municipal schools tend to offer places to those who live closest, many free schools use a first-come, first-served system. In this system those who have the earliest queue date are most likely to be offered a place. IES uses this queue-based system.
In Skellefteå we offer two different schools within the same building; Internationella Engelska Skolan Skellefteå and IES Skellefteå International School.
This comparison table will help you to decide which school is right for your child:
How to apply:
- Click here apply to Internationella Engelska Skolan Skellefteå or IES Skellefteå International School
- Fill in the application form.
- Start by entering your child's Swedish social security number (personnummer) in the form yymmdd-nnnn. If your child does not have a valid Swedish social security number, you can use their date of birth set out as yymmdd-nnnn and replace nnnn with TF10 for a boy or TF20 for a girl. In this case we recommend you also contact the school directly by email or telephone.
- If your child has a sibling in the same school, enter the sibling’s Swedish social security number. This gives your child priority in the queue, if there is space available in the school.
- Make a language choice, ie the third language your child would like to study at Internationella Engelska Skolan, as well as your child's mother tongue (if not Swedish) and contact information for the child's current school and finally contact information for yourself and any other guardians (if applicable).
- After you complete the form, you will receive a confirmation email, stating that your child is registered in our queue with the date of registration. Read the confirmation carefully and save it. When we are able to offer you a place, we will contact you.
- Remember to keep the contact information up-to-date and notify the school if you move or change telephone numbers and / or e-mail addresses so that we can reach you to offer space when the time comes. It is the custodian's responsibility to keep the contact information up to date. At any time you can log in and see your information in the queue. You can do this by going back to the application form and clicking "login" in the upper right. Your login details will be in the confirmation email you will have received.